Planning for a Presentation
CHOICE presentations run about forty-five minutes, and are suitable for all
students from sixth through twelfth grades. When planning for a presentation,
please keep in mind the following items:
About the Presentations
- The performances use humor and drama to show the essential issues and
opportunities related to healthcare.
- A talkback session follows, where the performers remain in character and
lead a discussion of the topics raised.
- Suitable for groups of all sizes. The presentations are most effective
when performed for groups of one hundred or more.
- A flat, open indoor space at ground level or served by an elevator.
- A minimum 25 foot by 15 foot performance area, on the floor or a stage
accessible using stairs
- At least one electrical outlet easily accessible from the performing
- No special sound or lighting equipment is needed.
- For presentations involving projectors, a projector and screen will be
- A minimum of one hour setup time is needed before a presentation.
- A minimum of thirty minutes is needed between two presentations to reset
the performance space.
- At least thirty minutes break-down time will be needed after the last